Susan @ Saw Nail and Paint
Susan @ Saw Nail and Paint
  • Seattle, WA

Furniture Transformation With "Cosmetic Surgery" and Milk Paint

I found a pair of night stands at the Goodwill, and while perfectly solid and usable, the style just wasn't my cup of tea. Nothing a little furniture cosmetic surgery and some milk paint couldn't fix.
furniture transformation with cosmetic surgery and milk paint, painted furniture
I removed the doors and the skirt. I then added some new trim along the bottom and new turned feet. With the "surgical" portion of the makeover a success, I moved on to paint.
I painted the entire piece with Old Fashioned Milk Paint in Tavern Green. I sanded and sealed it with hemp oil for a gorgeous buttery finish. I added new bone knobs to the drawer.
The makeover is complete and my "patient" is doing just fine.
For more details and photos of the step by step transformation, please visit my blog!

• Old Fashioned Milk Paint
Susan @ Saw Nail and Paint

• Marilyn

How did you remove the skirt at the bottom? Saw?

• Jw_7101187

Why do you have all the book spines reversed?

• MM

I really really love the colour you chose. It's very down to earth looking. Just a tad curio us though. You said the knobs were bone. Real bone? Faux bone? Or just bone colour?