Topsy Tervy Scarecrow Painted Pots

2 materials
If you are looking for a fun and inexpensive way to decorate for fall, this is it! I love how easy they are to make and how festive they are.
Get your material list ready:
Terra cotta pots ( I used 4 but you can use more)
Dowel rod or rebar ( you can add more pots with rebar because its longer)
Paint brushes
dirt, mulch or rocks
Real or fake flowers
Paint ( I used acrylic in the colors tan, black,white,and orange)
E6000 glue (optional)
Clear top coat spray paint (optional)
Once you have everything ready it’s time to get started.
Paint all of your pots tan and Plan out how you want the face to look. I just sort of winged it. They all look a little different but I think it just gives them character.
Hammer your dowel rod or rebar into the ground. Make sure it is far enough in to stay sturdy. Then put your first pot on the the rod and fill it with dirt, mulch, or rocks. You will want to use dirt if your using real flowers. After that add another pot and tilt it to one side ( you can glue it in place with your E6000) and fill it with whatever you choose. Add flowers and repeat back and forth until you have added all of your pots. I used protective spray paint for a shiny finish and to keep the paint from wearing in the weather.
And you have a fun festive fall decoration.
You could also take this idea and make spooky ones for Halloween or any holiday for that matter. Happy crafting.

• Terra cotta
  • Acrylic paint
Ashley Brown

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 34 comments
Next