Old Door Transformed to Hall Tree,Coat Rack,

HOW TO MAKE A WALL COAT RACK FROM AN OLD DOOR!
I wanted to transform an old door to a wall coat hanger rack for a long time. I was inspired from my very valuable IG, Facebook friend.
First of all I started with my private homemade chalky. This time I chose the Olive Green color.
After finished with the painting, I decided to apply relief work on the door with floral stencil, this is the hard part but with success. Sorry but really forgot to photo how apply relief work on the material, but I promise to share photos of my next relief project.
My hubby created a shelf from a piece of wood and he stained with walnut stain. And applied carved trim on the shelf edges as you see..He used dark walnut stain on the trims too.
Than he found from 2 legs from Home Depot to add under the shelfs. I painted them the same color..And for whole body I applied dark glaze ..Finally my husband put together all the parts on the old door. But still it something else for it to look different and elegant. An image formed in my head, if we can add crown molding and how it looks like??
After adding the crown molding, I love the way it came out. We bought 2 cast ıron hangers and 1 different ''Key'' hanger cast iron also, from Hobby Lobby and we put on the door
I hope my stage is looking good for you guys;;
Relief work was really hard part,,because my stencil was small,it wasn't for wall stencil,,,,
Hope you guys like all our DIY work...Have a good one...

• Door  (Home Depot)
  • Paint  (Home made chalky)
  • Glaze  (Home Depot)

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Perfectly Round Tables
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized

To see more: http://feridesignshomedecor.blogspot.com/2016/09/wall-coat-rack_4.html

• Elezabeth Cameron

I have a frig that is the main attraction when you walk in this is a perfect idea to hide it! So how did you plug the door handle hole?

• Feri Designs LLC

,My hubby already cut the wood as like hole size and stick it perfectly as you tough guys..Thank you.😊 all.

• Gayle

I really love how this turned out and my question is how did you fasten it to the wall?

• Feri Designs LLC

Deborah Sadler,yes that is enough but just in case my hubby put 2 hooks on it back,

• Linda

Beautiful. Where did you find the metal decoration pieces?