Wait, Dollar Store Mirrors Can Become WHAT?

$15

I always love projects that take a few minutes to whip up and are super inexpensive, but also look great! Who doesn't love to create something nice without breaking the bank?! This project is perfect for any occasion -- whether you're taking a floral arrangement to congratulate friends on a new home or baby, need a centerpiece for your Christmas dinner, or need several centerpieces for your wedding reception, this is the perfect go-to idea, and it takes just 10 minutes to make!
SUPPLIES: -5" square candle holder mirrors (5 of them) -hot glue gun & sticks -potted plant of choice -small plant saucer
STEP 1: Assemble mirror box The first step took me a few tries to get a method down but once I figured out how to hot glue the mirrors together and have them stay together, this was a quick and easy project. I laid one mirror down (mirror side down!) and applied a line of glue to the bottom edge of second mirror, then stuck that mirror VERTICALLY to the side of the bottom mirror (this should create an "L" shape if you're look at the mirrors straight ahead).
Once you feel confident that your sides aren't going to collapse, you can add a few extra beads of glue to ensure they're solid.
While holding these two mirrors together, I quickly grabbed a third mirror and created another wall with it by applying glue in the crack between this third mirror and the second vertical mirror.
I repeated this step until my box was complete. You can check out the video below to see exactly how I did it. *Before starting to assemble the box, I tried removing the label stickers, but they are those annoying ones that don't want to come off easily. So I decided to leave them alone, since the box would be filled with flowers anyway.
STEP 2: Add your plant Next, I poured a little water in my small plant saucer and placed it inside my mirror box.
Then, I carefully placed my potted succulent plant inside.
I couldn't believe how quick and easy this project was. This mirror box is so versatile -- it can be used for any holiday or season -- you can add faux flowers, potpourri, ornament balls, or some succulents like I did!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• 5" square candle holder mirrors (5)  (Dollar Tree)
  • Hot glue gun/sticks  (on hand)
  • Jade succulent  (Home Depot)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Sharon Harrison

That is so cute! I wonder if a ceramic or glass tile with felt for the bottom would work just as well saving one mirror for another project?
    • Lisa Sinclair

Sure why not? I was thinking a nice block of wood, you could stain it, to make a base. Or just paint it black, to make it disappear.

• Patty

Cost savings for something that looks expensive. Great idea.
  • Cindy

Heat the sticker (to melt the glue) with a heat gun or blow dryer and label will come right off