French Custom Multi Purpose Bench

Advanced

Here I have a ( Re Purposed ) Bench that use to be a table! It was a lot of hard work but it came out in credibly beautiful.
As soon as I saw this sad poor looking table on the side of the road, I knew I just had to do something with it.
This table was missing the two glass pieces and had deep markings throughout the frame.
I completely stripped and sanded the frame and the legs for a fresh start of paint layering technique. It was the first time I had used this particular way of painting and i loved it and how it turned out.
I had to make this cushion high due to the frame being bulky. The height turned out to be just rite. I used a under fabric before the top for a firmer and smoother look because i had used 3 different types of cushioning. I used a spray adhesive on the fabrics and the foam so the bond between them is tight.
I knew I had to create a strong frame to hold weight and withstand moving without slipping so I came up with a drill hole bolt hold. No movement, very very sturdy and comfy =)
Sizing and making sure it's the exact measurement before making the hold permanent and before painting, it was a perfect fit!
Before putting it all together, I painted the frame and legs separately so I can get the rite amount of distress on the edges that are hard to reach.
Ta-da! And she's a Beaut! After giving a 24 Hour dry & cure time I finished it with a clear wax then used a damp clean rag and wiped the wax evenly and smoothly.
Comfy Satisfaction
I had to show every detail of this piece by keeping the creases dark, but without using a dark wax. I came up with my own way of doing so and i love it.
The cushion is approximately 5 1/2 in Height. Very comfy and cushiony! =)
Over all Dimensions are, 22H, 25 1/2D, 50W.
The bottom is also covered with felt for a traditional look for most Benches. It's a nice finish. This was a fun and challenging project! It's ready to be up for sale! There are so much more to come, and i can't wait to start on my next project =)

These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Wanda Cox Roberts

Love it! Did you hand paint the dark creases?

• Yvonne Smith Angus

Appears as though they painted the flat areas, leaving the indentions, (carving) the original stained wood.

• Christine

Did you reinforce the coffee table in any way? Two adults can put 200, 300, 500 lbs or way more and they weren’t built to hold that much weight.

• Em

Gotta' jump on this bandwagon. Many people don't think about the fact that a coffee was not built for human weight. Be certain that you use one that will hold the weight of a person (or two) or you will be in for an unpleasant surprise.

• Mitt

I love the beautiful bench. It is designer ready. I would make just one small suggestion. I think your choice of cushions take away from the bench instead of enhancing it. How about just one or two cushions on the right hand side of the pic, in a black or navy and in a cream or white depending on your bench fabric colour to keep the contrast going. I think that would look very rich to enhance your beautiful bench. Thank you.

• Pam Davis

I agree. I also think the color and pattern of the drape behind it takes away from it. It needs colors that will make the beautiful bench she made pop!