French Custom Multi Purpose Bench

Advanced

Here I have a ( Re Purposed ) Bench that use to be a table! It was a lot of hard work but it came out in credibly beautiful.
As soon as I saw this sad poor looking table on the side of the road, I knew I just had to do something with it.
This table was missing the two glass pieces and had deep markings throughout the frame.
I completely stripped and sanded the frame and the legs for a fresh start of paint layering technique. It was the first time I had used this particular way of painting and i loved it and how it turned out.
I had to make this cushion high due to the frame being bulky. The height turned out to be just rite. I used a under fabric before the top for a firmer and smoother look because i had used 3 different types of cushioning. I used a spray adhesive on the fabrics and the foam so the bond between them is tight.
I knew I had to create a strong frame to hold weight and withstand moving without slipping so I came up with a drill hole bolt hold. No movement, very very sturdy and comfy =)
Sizing and making sure it's the exact measurement before making the hold permanent and before painting, it was a perfect fit!
Before putting it all together, I painted the frame and legs separately so I can get the rite amount of distress on the edges that are hard to reach.
Ta-da! And she's a Beaut! After giving a 24 Hour dry & cure time I finished it with a clear wax then used a damp clean rag and wiped the wax evenly and smoothly.
Comfy Satisfaction
I had to show every detail of this piece by keeping the creases dark, but without using a dark wax. I came up with my own way of doing so and i love it.
The cushion is approximately 5 1/2 in Height. Very comfy and cushiony! =)
Over all Dimensions are, 22H, 25 1/2D, 50W.
The bottom is also covered with felt for a traditional look for most Benches. It's a nice finish. This was a fun and challenging project! It's ready to be up for sale! There are so much more to come, and i can't wait to start on my next project =)

• Wanda Cox Roberts

Love it! Did you hand paint the dark creases?

• Yvonne Smith Angus

Appears as though they painted the flat areas, leaving the indentions, (carving) the original stained wood.

• Christine

Did you reinforce the coffee table in any way? Two adults can put 200, 300, 500 lbs or way more and they weren’t built to hold that much weight.

• Mitt

I love the beautiful bench. It is designer ready. I would make just one small suggestion. I think your choice of cushions take away from the bench instead of enhancing it. How about just one or two cushions on the right hand side of the pic, in a black or navy and in a cream or white depending on your bench fabric colour to keep the contrast going. I think that would look very rich to enhance your beautiful bench. Thank you.

• Pam Davis

I agree. I also think the color and pattern of the drape behind it takes away from it. It needs colors that will make the beautiful bench she made pop!