Alicia
Alicia
  • Villas, NJ

French Custom Multi Purpose Bench

Advanced

Here I have a ( Re Purposed ) Bench that use to be a table! It was a lot of hard work but it came out in credibly beautiful.
As soon as I saw this sad poor looking table on the side of the road, I knew I just had to do something with it.
This table was missing the two glass pieces and had deep markings throughout the frame.
I completely stripped and sanded the frame and the legs for a fresh start of paint layering technique. It was the first time I had used this particular way of painting and i loved it and how it turned out.
I had to make this cushion high due to the frame being bulky. The height turned out to be just rite. I used a under fabric before the top for a firmer and smoother look because i had used 3 different types of cushioning. I used a spray adhesive on the fabrics and the foam so the bond between them is tight.
I knew I had to create a strong frame to hold weight and withstand moving without slipping so I came up with a drill hole bolt hold. No movement, very very sturdy and comfy =)
Sizing and making sure it's the exact measurement before making the hold permanent and before painting, it was a perfect fit!
Before putting it all together, I painted the frame and legs separately so I can get the rite amount of distress on the edges that are hard to reach.
Ta-da! And she's a Beaut! After giving a 24 Hour dry & cure time I finished it with a clear wax then used a damp clean rag and wiped the wax evenly and smoothly.
Comfy Satisfaction
I had to show every detail of this piece by keeping the creases dark, but without using a dark wax. I came up with my own way of doing so and i love it.
The cushion is approximately 5 1/2 in Height. Very comfy and cushiony! =)
Over all Dimensions are, 22H, 25 1/2D, 50W.
The bottom is also covered with felt for a traditional look for most Benches. It's a nice finish. This was a fun and challenging project! It's ready to be up for sale! There are so much more to come, and i can't wait to start on my next project =)

• Melody

This is amazing. I luv the antique painted look. Adds so much character to the piece. Then the added cushion brings the piece all together...

• John jeffery

Absolutely beautiful both my wife and I love the creativity of your work.

wish we we’re younger.

hWe are constantly amazed at the beating