Keepin' It Straight Family Gallery Wall

$20.00

Procrastination is my forte, it seems. I knew what kind of display we needed and also wanted to keep all the photos straight. But I kept putting it off. Just before Thanksgiving last year we finished this gallery wall for our family photos, and for less then $20.
The most important thing you'll need for this project is a LEVEL. Plus helping hands. But use a level, seriously folks.
We used bulls eye blocks between these pine boards. The bulls eye blocks give the wall a bit of continuity and visual interest to the long length of boards. The boards are necessary to keep your photos STRAIGHT.
All finished. See how straight all the photos are? Gotta love it!
This project was super inexpensive and simple. The hardest part was choosing which photos to display. You know what we need now? Another long wall for more photos!

• Pine boards  (building supply)
  • Bulls eye blocks to match boards  (building supply)
  • White paint  (on hand)

Ann

• Amanda

Hi Ann, I want to create a photo gallery going up the stairs to my flat; can you suggest an easy way to do it and whether I should put pictures on both sides or just one? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Amanda x

• Ann

Pinterest and Hometalk are loaded with good ideas. You could stair step the boards or go with all one size frames. Also, Google images has some neat family photo displays. You will find the style you gravitate to by looking at all the ideas. One wall or two? I would start with one then add the second if you want. You can always change things around. Have fun!

• Mawmawkathy9

I LOVE this. I am so glad that you posted this here. I live in a mobile home, so wall space is not as friendly to hanging too many "perfect" grandbabies' pictures, as well as the rest of the family. Using your idea, I can do thison a couple of walls, even, that are broken up with a window in the middle. I will post my finished wall when I get one finished.

• Ann

Thanks, Mawmawkathy! We are in a mobile home too but this works just about anywhere. This board idea saves my sanity since crooked pictures make me itch. lol!

• Mawmawkathy9

ANN!!! I finally got it done!! My wall I mean.

Thank you so very much for posting your idea!!!

Kathy

• Ann

Thank you! And also, you rock! Could you post a pic?