Turn an Odd End Table Into a Game Table

Have you ever come across a cute table, but it was just a little odd? It may not have had the other half to make it a pair, or it's just too small, too big? Whatever the reason, you may like it but not necessarily as an end table.

I have a solution- turn it into a game table!
turn an odd end table into a game table
turn an odd end table into a game table
Someone gave this little table to me, and it was in great condition and well made.
It was just, well, not cute. It didn't have a match and it was really short.
It didn't fit into my space well, but I just knew there was something special I could do with it.
turn an odd end table into a game table
I love all types of chalk paint, but this pretty color called "Vintage" by Americana Decor is just what I was looking for.
I prepped the table by cleaning it well, and then gave it two coats of this paint for full coverage.
turn an odd end table into a game table
Then, taped off the edges, and drew a checkerboard pattern. I taped every other square and painted them in some pretty vintage colors of antique white and soft black (not your traditional red & black).
turn an odd end table into a game table
Then finished with a little distressing on the edges and a coat of wax on the top.
turn an odd end table into a game table
This table actually became a Christmas present this year to the father of the lady who gave it to me in the first place!

• Americana Decor chalky finish paint
  • Soft black acrylic craft paint
  • Antique white acrylic craft paint
Molly - Just a Little Creativity

• Amy

My daughter loves the ones at cracker barrell that are somewhat like yours. I must try this for her. Thanks for sharing:)
  • M.t8493886

Great looking I will try one for "Othelo " game ,great idea ,thanks
    mary toth