Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Table Leg Candle Holders

$30

Something that I’m trying to do in our house is try to keep décor simple but classy and still show my colorful style (P.S. by the way: I’m super excited to reveal pictures of our reno once it’s all done! We’re about halfway there!!). I found an idea for making candle holders out of table legs, and aside from making them my own by changing how to assemble them, I also decided to make smaller versions for our
table leg candle holders
table leg candle holders

STEP 1: Remove screw
Because I didn’t want to risk drilling into the Terra Cotta saucers and cracking them, I decided to remove the screws at the top ends of the table legs and use another method to attach the legs to the saucers. I simply used a pair of pliers to twist the screws out of the table legs.

table leg candle holders

STEP 2: Adhere saucers to legs
After the screws were removed, I mixed the epoxy according to the directions on the package and applied it to the table legs.

table leg candle holders

Make sure not to get this stuff on your hands! I got a teeny tiny bit on my hand and it did not feel good!

table leg candle holders

I flipped three of the saucers upside down and put the epoxy coated table leg end down on the saucer....

table leg candle holders

...then, I did the same for the top end of the table leg and attached another saucer (bottom side down) to it—this is where the candles will sit. Even though the epoxy package says it sets in 5 minutes, I let my candle holders sit for about an hour to ensure that they were set.

table leg candle holders

The cool thing about this particular epoxy applicator is that you can use the little black piece that came attached to it and put it back on the tip so it can be used again for another project.

table leg candle holders

STEP 3: Paint candle holders
Once the candle holders were assembled and completely dry, I painted them so that each of them looked like one holder from top to bottom. I chose a neutral, vintage white. Feel free to show your personality with these!

table leg candle holders

I ended up doing two coats of paint on these for a rich, solid finish.

table leg candle holders

I’m obsessed with these table leg candle holders!!! I want to make them for all over my house and as gifts! Because these will be in our kitchen and out of reach of tiny hands, I chose to use real candles; however, if you’re want to err on the side of caution, you can always use battery powered candles. Another step that you could add once the paint is dry on these candle holders is felt on the bottom if you’re afraid your holders may scratch whatever surface you plan to sit them on.

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 15, 2018 10:57 PM - More info

• Esther Williams

Love

• Susie

Great idea...I cannot find the legs in graduated size...your link to me to Amazon and showed only a 9" Waddell Pine leg. I saw no information on this page about your getting them at Home Depot, just saw the video. Now I am stuck trying to find three different sizes in the same designs.