Abbey D
Abbey D
  • Delaware, OH

Farmhouse Shed Makeover

When we bought our house a year and a half ago, we knew that we had a lot of work ahead of us. We have a little ranch style house that sits on about 1.5 acres. You may even remember THIS post about the time we repainted our house, which was quite an undertaking! Well, this spring we wanted again to tackle another eyesore on the property and create a little area to sit by the front of the house and watch the
farmhouse shed makeover
Let’s walk through a quick list of to do’s for this project
  • Repaint the shed and trim
  • Build new doors
  • Install new doors
  • Paint new doors
  • Add barn style hardware to doors
  • Decorate shed
  • Add seating options
  • Lay new grass seed
  • Pour concrete ramp pad
  • Make it our own!

We had quite a lot to do and we spent all of last weekend getting it done. Yep! We spent one weekend and done fixing this shed up. Ready to see the after?

Well, first let’s see the in between…

We started by heading to Lowe’s to see what kind of doors we could replace the existing ones with. Lowe’s has a huge selection of different types, but I really wanted something “barn style” so we opted to make ours. I’m not going to walk you through the steps to make these shed doors because I got my inspiration from Shed King to create these. And I’m honestly indebted to my dad for a while because he walked us through making them…so here’s where we started with the shed doors.
farmhouse shed makeover
The shed doors were built using a tutorial off Shed King. I will not be walking you through the step by step of how we did this, but we used Shed King's overall concept and drawing, but put our own spin on it.
farmhouse shed makeover
We built, painting, and hung the doors on the shed...then got to work repainting it.
farmhouse shed makeover
We painted the shed Steely Gray and the dark gray on the barn doors is Peppercorn. The trim is extra white.
farmhouse shed makeover
After it was finished we added some pots, trellis' with plants, and chairs for a little seating area. We also added a concrete pad to roll the lawn mower up more easily.
farmhouse shed makeover
Visit my blog for ALL the details on this makeover, links to how to's and products used!
farmhouse shed makeover
One last look at the before and after!
Abbey D

• Kathleen

Very nice! Great way to spend those rare weekend hours. Would you consider putting a flag off to the side of either door?

• Sherry

Wow wee, talk about transformation!!!! OUTSTANDING JOB. I love it. summer is coming soon and I told my husband I was going to paint my she-shed!!!! Thank you for the idea.

• Mkr12790834

I love it and need to do this myself. My question is about the concrete ramp. How/what kind of framing did you use to make the concrete slope? The profile looks like a right triangle. Please advise. Thanks!

• Gracie Lewis

I saw a 60's kitchen makeover ,but can't it again, where can i find this project again