9 Things You Can Wash in Your Dishwasher

$0
1 Minute

Dishwashers aren't JUST for cleaning your lasagna off your dinner plate. I taking you inside my dishwasher to show you 9 things you can wash and sanitize in your dishwasher.
Before you start putting things other than dishes inside your dishwasher, be sure to clean out the food trap of any leftovers. Another helpful tip, be sure to keep all these items on your top rack to avoid melting. (;
Item #1 Silicone hot pads and oven mitts.

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner but these silicone pot holders are a perfect match for your dishwasher to get off that leftover food and germs off!

Item #2 Kitchen Sponges + Brushes

I'm sure this isn't new to most people but the dishwasher is a great place to sanitize your sponges and brushes so you don't have to keep replacing them when they get smelly.
Item #3 Shower Lufas

Think about it, you rub these babies all over yourself to get you clean, but what's cleaning them? The dishwasher, that's what!
Item #4 Makeup Brushes

Ladies, listen up. Who has the time to be constantly washing your brushes. Next time they are looking a little dirty, just pop them in the dishwasher and walk away!
Item #5 Hair Brushes + Combs

Remove all the hair and lay your brushes and combs out on the top rack to sanitize and remove all the dead skin and product off!
Item #6 Baseball Hats

The sweat-wicking material of these hats are perfect for the dishwasher. It's also much better to wash them here instead of the dryer to keep their shape! Put a jar or can under them to keep the shape. Say goodbye to sweat stains and dirt!
Item #7 Toothbrush, Holder + Shower Head

Yuck, soap scum. Throw there items on your top rack to get rid of the left over toothpaste, hard water stains and mildew. Not to mention the hot water will totally sanitize your toothbrush!
Item #8 Rubber Shoes

Flip flops and rubber boots can easily be cleaned in the dishwasher. A long winter of salt buildup on your boots and dirt and dust on your flip flops isn't anything your dishwasher can't handle!
Item #9 Switch Plates

Don't feel like scrubbing off all your switch plates? Unscrew them and throw them on the top rack. Paint splatters, dirt, dust and dog hair be gone!

I know there are a million more things the dishwasher can clean and I'd love to hear what you put in your dishwasher.... other than your salad bowl. (:

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives

• Jo Thomas
    Jo Thomas

What do you use to wash the hats in? I know dishwasher detergent will bleach out colors.
    • Jo
      Jo

A touch of baking soda will do the trick, if u want the bill shaped in a curve put a soda can under the bill, wrap a couple rubber bands around it and wash away.

• Den13695589
    Den13695589

Wouldn't the water pressure knock the small items to the bottom of the dishwasher?

• Susan Hughey Oldcorn
      Susan Hughey Oldcorn

When there’s a will there’s a way. My husband is a master plumber too, and he never questions what I wash in the dishwasher.

• Eva Kisocama
    Eva Kisocama

I don't know if this has already been addressed. Don't the lighter weight items get tossed about, like the makeup brushes, hair & toothbrushes? Wouldn't it be better to place them in the silverware basket? Just don't use high heat setting.

• Lori L
      Lori L

I place a clean cookie sheet over lightweight items on the top rack. It holds everything down very well.

• Terry
    Terry

During spring cleaning I put my bathroom and room glass light fixtures in the dishwasher while I continue to clean.

• David Ernest
    David Ernest

I will definitely try this and let you know the results. Thanks.