Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

Contemporary Kitchen Craft Containers

Our contemporary kitchen craft containers and made completely from soda bottles! They're simple, cost only pennies to make and are fun to create! You can SEE ALL PICS HERE
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Gather your supplies which include 2 tall slim 17 oz flat or straight sided bottles.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Wrap masking tape around the very top after the curve and then cut along the bottom line for a nice straight cut. Do this on each bottle.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Wrap masking tape around the center of one of the bottles, covering the top half with a paper towel. Spray paint. Allow to dry completely. Metal paint will show fingerprints horribly if its not totally dry.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Cut a slit into the open end of the clear container, roughly 2 inches long.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Apply a small amount of glue to either side of the back of the label.  Place the label on the front of the painted bottle, centered vertically over the paint’s edge.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Cut a slit into the open end of the clear container, roughly 2 inches long. This allows the bottle to slide more easily onto the base.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
BAKERS TWINE HOLDER Gather supplies. We used a 12 oz Pepsi bottle.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Using masking tape, tape off the center of the bottle just below and above the ridges.  Cover the center space with tape or a paper towel.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Spray paint the top and bottom of the bottle in the color of your choice.  Let dry thoroughly to prevent fingerprint marks.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Using a drill, create a hole in the center of the bottle lid.  The hole should be the same size as your twine.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Cut a ribbon at 22 inches in length. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Apply a dot of hot glue to the center of the ribbon. Apply the ribbon to the center of the clear portion of the bottle.  The hot glue dot will be the front of your dispenser.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Cut a flap on the exact. back where you glued the ribbon just large enough for your twine ball to fit.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Insert your ball of twine and feed the string through the cap hole.
contemporary kitchen craft containers
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Barbara Jo Louise

Instructions for the cup dispenser?
  • Bijoux

Really cute ideas... I would want to cover the spaghetti, as you did with one, don't want dusty spaghetti! LOL What size containers did you use for them? Tall/slender? Thanks for hints.

• Debbie Green

I like this project. I have many walls that I still have not found any ideas for. This will be great! Thanks for sharing! I actually have a question about the Metallic spray paint you used for this. I bought the exact same paint. My problem is after it dries, it dries matte and not shiny like yours. What am I doing wrong?

• Hi Debbie! It "should" look the same if you got the exact same type. I know that brand has similar ones that the name is slightly different. That's the only thing I can think of.

• Julianne Spreng

Totally cool way to reuse instead of recycle. Putting the bottle pieces together this way is what I do to finish off a tube or bottle of lotion, conditioner, etc. Cut it in half, put the empty section back on the bottom, and scoop or dip out until it's all gone. No waste. I so going to use this idea!!

• Veronica Jones

Some great ideas there, thanks for sharing. I will be trying those out