Brighten Your Walkway With These Solar Lights

$30

This Summer I am revamping my backyard and deck. I started last week by creating these DIY wooden lanterns to accessorize my finished space. This weekend I focused on creating lighting for the walkway up to the house. I love lights that are energy efficient and require very little to no maintenance. Solar lights are the best the best. Often you can find tons of solar lights in various shapes and designs. However, sometimes its a bit of a challenge finding solar lighting that speaks to the personality of your space. So in true DIY Toolbox Diva fashion, I opted to make some.
No more boring solar lights! Here’s how to give them a cool new use and look.
I started with these solar post caps I purchased from Home depot.
I wanted to personalize the caps to fit the style and color of my backyard setting. So I taped off the light,
You want to use a really good painter's tape. And and Utility knife to score the edges
I used 4x4 treated wood. A 10 ft piece is long enough to make 4 posts.
This project You dont need a lot of heavy tools. A Hacksaw does the job cutting this aluminum corner piece.
After all the pieces were cut. I spray painted the cap and the aluminum corners and painted the 4x4
Using an all weather glue I attached the corner pieces to each corner of the 4 posts.
I'd advise using fast setting concrete and river rocks when placing the posts into the ground. It's also important to make sure the posts are level and straight before the concrete cures.
For more details and information on how I made these posts head over to the link listed below.

• 4x4x10 Treated lumber  (Hardware store)
  • Solar post caps  (Hardware store)

15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
ToolBox Divas

• Kathleen Lewandowski
    Kathleen Lewandowski

Why cover light tape
    • Brenda
      Brenda

why not buy the copper ones they sell in the store and save time/money?

• Michelle Dodson
    Michelle Dodson

I haven't done any research into this, so I apologize if it's been covered before - Do they make a solar light you can turn off? I live in a condo community & I'm pretty sure my neighbors would be less than thrilled if my patio lights were on all night.
    Thanks,
    Michelle in San Diego
    • Cindy
      Cindy

I got some last year at at Walmart and you could turn them off

• Wanda Morrison
    Wanda Morrison

Where did you get the corners for the posts?
    • Linda Lamon
      Linda Lamon

I believe it's aluminum stripping. You can buy the corner pieces at the hardware store. She painted them copper to match the light.

• Susan
    Susan

Awesome look! Definitely going to do this!

• Merry Straub
    Merry Straub

Very nice. I have never had any luck with solar lights working more than a couple of weeks. Do you know how much time these will last?