Rinse Out Tuna Cans for This Gorgeous Lighting Idea

$5

If you're looking for a simple way to add a little light to your space, here is the perfect project for you! It’s inexpensive, environmentally-friendly, and oh-so-pretty!
rinse out tuna cans for this gorgeous lighting idea
Start by rinsing out your cans and pulling off the label. I added paper covering around the outside and backing inside my tuna cans (you don’t have to, but it does make them even prettier), using my hoard of scrapbook paper. You could do any arrangement you like, but don’t all those patterns look nice together?

Then, I simply added little ribbon bows to the top edge of each can (watch how I do it in the video to see where exactly I mean). I added ribbon strands to the top of each so that they could hang on the wall. I cut my ribbons to different lengths, so that the height of each lantern would be varied. The end effect is really nice when they’re not all perfectly lined up.

(For a really simple hanging hack, watch how I used a pants hanger to put them on the wall. )

Once I added the little LED tea lights, I actually gasped! It’s so simple to make your walls glow with this gorgeous upcycle. Friends and guests compliment me all the time on the final look. What do you think?

• Sunshine

Cool and festive. Will definitely try this project. Thanks
  • Patty G

I Love this project! I think I'll make one to use as a night light when my granddaughter stays the night. She will love it!!