Zest it Up
Zest it Up
  • Atascadero, CA

Pallet Garden Organizer

$10

Sean surprised me this weekend with a treasure….crates! He literally came home with a truck bed filled with six crates. I was in heaven! I think it is his way to say I totally support you and what you are doing. I think it’s a new “love language.” How awesome is that?! The best part is that just two weeks ago he came home with a bouquet of peacock feathers that he saved from the trash (ok, sounds maybe a tad gross, but he was at a house that had peacocks for pets. The feathers were gorgeous, super tall, and in perfect condition). I love that my husband is turning into a Zester!!

Photo Cred: Anya McInroy
pallet garden organizer
Check out my first crate/pallet project: mission get the hose off the ground of my patio!
pallet garden organizer
Just wait for some color!
pallet garden organizer
Grab your supplies!

Supplies:
  • Wooden Pallet
  • Variety of paint colors
  • Paint rollers
  • over-the-door hanger
  • hooks
  • screws
  • drill
pallet garden organizer
Turquoise and olive to start.
pallet garden organizer
How about some brick red!
pallet garden organizer
And a touch of grey. Super cute, right? 
pallet garden organizer
Now to install it….wood screws please. I decided to just rummage through the garage for some hardware to use.

pallet garden organizer
Firstly, the hose was my biggest issue, so I grabbed an over-the-door hanger.
pallet garden organizer
Nicely done! Love how easy this DIY garden project is!
pallet garden organizer
Now for some hooks to hang my gardening tools!
pallet garden organizer
I love having everything in one place and who can resist a crazy cute pallet for organizing life?
pallet garden organizer
First patio project done! I so appreciate this garden art! Thanks for checking in on what we have been zestin’!

xoxo,
Chanda
Zest it Up

• Cathy

Great idea. Just wondering what did you do with the peacock feathers?

• Dottie Hunt

I put mine in a tall vase weighted down with colorful marbles. It makes a beautiful decoration. My daughter also had peacocks. You can also make earrings and dream catchers with them.