DIY Valentine's Day Table

Valentine’s Day should be a special day, whether you are single or taken and whether you go out or stay in. Personally, my husband and I aren’t the biggest V-Day celebrators. We don’t enjoy the set menu and the huge crowds at restaurants. We prefer to have a nice, casual yet special night in. To make it a little different from most nights, I thought I would whip up a little dinner tablescape that is
Romantic date night in table for Valentine's Day.
1. I decided to use four sheets of chalkboard scrapbook paper (yes they have this – isn’t that awesome!?). I laid them out on the table to the length I wanted and then just taped them together on the backside.
Once taped together flip the sheets over for your runner.
Prime the runner by rubbing chalk all over it. This way your first words will wipe away,
Gather wine glasses, cupcakes, roses (fake or real).
Arrange your wine glasses upside down the way you want.
Place a flower or cupcake under each wine glass dome.
Put candles on top, wrapped in ribbon and glitter tape.
Write messages on your chalk board table runner to make it extra special.
diy valentine s day table, painted furniture, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
Megan Aubrey

• Claudia Mattox

Adorable! Where did you find the chalkboard scrapbook paper?

• Noreen

Not sure why you rubbed chalk over the paper before writing on it? Thx

• Shiriah

Can you tell me specifically what brand the wine glasses are and where you got them? I'm trying to match this same glass, that I now have one of but can't find them again. I think they may be Bordeaux glasses, but really need to find that specific stem.

• Shiriah

Haha! Great! Here I was thinking I wouldn't mind spending $30 ea. if they were the right thing. Hopefully they are real glass and not plastic. $1ea. would be fantastic! Thanks so much for your time.