A Vintage DIY Wedding

When my second daughter got married, I was extremely busy making almost all of the accessories for her vintage themed wedding. It took a lot of time but in the end we were happy with all of the personalized touches. If you are interested in more complete details on any of the projects, just check out my wedding blog at Something Borrowed.
This vintage suitcase was transformed into a fun card box by adding a fabric bottom and a chalkboard lid.
I used an old window and chalkboard paint to display the wedding program.
The wedding cake stand was made from my husband out of 2x4's glued together and then he branded the initials on each side of the base with a homemade branding iron that he had welded together.
Here are more homemade bases used for the centerpieces.  We used vintage clocks as table numbers.
Here are more homemade bases used for the centerpieces. We used vintage clocks as table numbers.
I made the boutonnieres with vintage keys, burlap and silk leaves.
I made all of the bouquets with vintage brooches.
We had a signature drink called "Something Blue" which I made a sign for using  logo software.  A vintage blue mason jar holds rock candy swizzles for stirring the drink.
We had a signature drink called "Something Blue" which I made a sign for using logo software. A vintage blue mason jar holds rock candy swizzles for stirring the drink.
I hung hankies on another old window, without glass, for guests to use for "tears of joy".  These were hung from wire that was strung across the window in three lines and clipped with tiny clothespins.
I hung hankies on another old window, without glass, for guests to use for "tears of joy". These were hung from wire that was strung across the window in three lines and clipped with tiny clothespins.
Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee