Refuse Bin Facelift
This project I did isnt really a diy makeover, it's more of a facelift. Our refuse bins are collected 1 a week and then the streets bins are all put together and our son has the duty of identifying and collecting ours. This usually comes with a complaint of them all being black and with the same markings. so I decided to give ours a facelift. really for quick and easy identifying..................and it just looks so much nicer.
This is what our bins look like. Plain and rather boring......... I marked the area I wanted to paint and lightly sanded it down. This will give the undercoat something to grip on seing as though the bins are plastic. I used a white chalk paint for the undercoat, as it sticks to virtually anything. Left the undercoat to dry properly. I sketched my scene and then used acrylic paint to paint it. When finished I sealed it with a clear lacquer. The only costs I really incurred was the paint used (which I already had).
I think this will make it alot easier to identify our bin. I didn't paint the whole bin as the truck lifts it from the back to tip. I'll see this week how it stands up to the tip. I'm happy with the end product.
- Refuse bin
- Chalk paint
- Sanding paper