Real Tree Branch Candle Holders

$0
1 Day

We love the outdoors at our house. I have always loved the look of the tree branch candle holders, but oh my goodness the prices!!! We were just in Grand Lake, Colorado camping over Labor Day and I saw some in a store for $15 each. We recently had an aspen tree pass away at our house and cut it down. We saved some of the branches and we made our own aspen branch candle holders!

real tree branch candle holders
It all started with a branch.  You'll want to let it dry out if you are going to seal it in the end.  If not, you'll be okay to move ahead sooner.  
real tree branch candle holders
I guessed at the size I wanted my candle holders to be and I sawed them to size.  After sawing them, I sanded the top and the bottom of the branches with a sanding block.
real tree branch candle holders
I used Polycrylic to seal the candle holders.  I was a little disappointed that some of the "white" from the aspen seemed to disappear, but I felt it better to seal the candle holder for long term and to prevent splitting and cracking as they dry.
real tree branch candle holders
Using a 1 1/2 inch spade drill bit in our drill, we made indents for the candles.
real tree branch candle holders
We tested both candle holders to make sure both a tealight candle and a battery operated tea light candle would fit into the holders.
real tree branch candle holders
We could have drilled the battery operated tealight down more but then the candle tealight would have sat down too low and we didn't want the flame that low in the wood.
real tree branch candle holders
Here they are finished, and we love the way they turned out!
real tree branch candle holders
Once you've made them, they're ready to be placed where you like.
real tree branch candle holders
I'm thinking these would make a great gift as well!

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
real tree branch candle holders
I'll be making this and more fall decor on on Hometalk's Facebook Live DIY - September 20th at 8pm EST.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Chas' Crazy Creations