Apple Baskets Turned Fall Planters

$20

I am not a fan of the boring generic hanging baskets for flowers, so I am always looking for different things that can be used. My inspiration came from these two baskets I found used for picking apples.

DIY Fall Hanging Planter

After I determined that I was going to use the apple baskets, I gathered my supplies.

Materials

Tools and Supplies

• two baskets
  • Art mind outdoor paint
  • paintbrush
  • rope
  • fall mums
  • staple gun

Paint the Baskets

Paint the Baskets

Next step is to paint the baskets. I used Poppy Red by Art minds from Michaels. This is an outdoor paint.

Add Rope

Add Rope

Next step is to add the rope, I had these door hangers which I purchased from Dollarama and decided to use these also.

Center the Door Hanger

Center the Door Hanger

I took the door hanger and centered it in the middle of my basket and using a pencil just marked where it would go. Next I took the rope and using a staple gun stapled the rope on one of the pencil marks. I wrapped the rope around the basket to where my other mark was then cut the rope to this length. I then used my hot glue gun to secure the rope around the basket and added a few staples in case the glue let go.

Add Flower

Add Flower

Next using the staple gun I stapled the door hanger in the middle between the rope.

Next step was to transfer my mums into the baskets. I used plastic bags and planted them inside of the bag to prevent the basket from water damage.

Hang

Hang

Using the rope I tied it on either side of the handle on the basket so my baskets could hang from the hooks.

Here they are finished. I love how they turned out, and I can't wait for my mums to bloom.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• RF

They turned out fantastic...I would like to know what is the lightbulb that is also hanging on the pole ?
  • Charlene Flint

This is such a cute idea. It will look great in our country setting!

I am really into mason jar decor. What is the mason jar with what looks like a chimney on top? And where can I purchase one?

• Melanie

It's a solar light I made. The top is an old metal like strainer used for canning. I used a mason jar, part of an old solar light and this .

• Lisas Rexstar

What is that on the brick wall behind the baskets? It's lovely. Did you make it?