Kelleysgirl
Kelleysgirl
  • Friendswood, TX

Fall Grapevine Wreath

$15

It is September now, and time to take down the summer decor and replace with fall. I removed my spring/summer wreath from over my mantel, and decided to make a new one for autumn.
fall grapevine wreath
I normally choose a round wreath form, so I decided to go with something different this time around. I purchased an oval one.
fall grapevine wreath
I always lay out my decorations before attaching to make sure I like the way it looks. This time I picked cotton bolls. A couple of reasons- it fits my farmhouse decor, and it reminds me of my sainted grandmother. She was a widowed mother of 3 back in the day, and picked cotton for 12 hours a day to make ends meet.
fall grapevine wreath
I added some flowers, and a glittered acorn. When I was happy with the placement, I starting attaching everything to the form. I used jute twine to attach the cotton stems, and hot glue for the rest.
fall grapevine wreath
I added a few feathers, and tied on a simple bow to finish it off. It came out exactly like I wanted it to.

I like making things that remind me of my heritage, and this project did just that. It makes me smile when I look at it.

Happy crafting!
:) kg

• Grapevine wreath  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Flowers  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Feathers  (Hobby Lobby)
Kelleysgirl

• Margie Linabury

I love this. Where did you get the real cotton from?
    • Kelleysgirl

I did get it at Hobby Lobby, but it was about a year ago. I assume they still sell it.
  • Bbo25034415

So pretty! Do you have a wreath for winter? My fall wreath is always replaced by Christmas wreath but when it's time to take that down I can never find anything without it still looking like the Christmas theme.
  • Judy Fesperman Lail

How do you make such a pretty bow?
    • Kelleysgirl

Hi Judy! Actually I used to be horrible at bows. I started making wreaths a few years ago and knew I needed to improve my bow making skills, so I just started watching YouTube videos on bow making. I don't remember exactly which ones, but there are tons on there. 😊