Coastal Candy
Coastal Candy
  • White House, TN

DIY Farmhouse Lamp

$10

Use Coastal Candy to create a stunning Farmhouse inspired set of lamps.
These ugly lamps were free with some second-hand tables I had purchased. I didn’t see any use for them at first glance, but then inspiration struck, why not transform them into something I could use.
This was fast, easy and of course therapeutic. Give me a paintbrush and stress just melts away.
Cleaning-The most important step to a great finish, that lasts. I use vinegar and water with a sanding sponge. Oil and wax is the enemy when it comes to paint adhering to any surface.
Mix- I mixed Coastal Candy into Shabby Paints Garfield Grey until it was the consistency of icing. (Coastal Candy How To)
Sample Mixing Chart
Paint Coastal Candy
Paint 4 oz. Coastal Candy 1/4 cup
Paint 8 oz. Coastal Candy 1/2 cup
Paint 16 oz. Coastal Candy 1 cup
Paint 32 oz. Coastal Candy 2 cups
Apply- I applied by randomly dabbing, brushing and globbing this mixture onto the entire lamp base. Random strokes make for a more authentic finish.
Enhance & Protect- After it was completely dry, I applied Shabby Paints White reVAX with a soft bristle brush to add dimension.
That’s it, that easy! Now I need to hunt down better shades or paint these
Stay Tuned!
diy farmhouse lamp
How to Video Below
diy farmhouse lamp
Before: Clean thoroughly.
diy farmhouse lamp
Mix- I mixed Coastal Candy into Shabby Paints Garfield Grey until it was the consistency of icing.  (Coastal Candy How To) 
diy farmhouse lamp
Left: before top coat.
Right: After white top coat
diy farmhouse lamp
diy farmhouse lamp
Enhance & Protect- After it was completely dry, I applied Shabby Paints white reVAX with a soft bristle brush to add dimension.

diy farmhouse lamp
After
diy farmhouse lamp
After
diy farmhouse lamp
From Fail to FAB
Coastal Candy