DIY Cell Phone Charging Station / Dresser Valet

$25

In my last post, I had mentioned I made a few different items as Christmas gifts for friends and family. I previously shared the plans for one of the gifts I made, a DIY Large Farmhouse Clock. Now its time to share the plans for one of the other gifts I made: a DIY Cell Phone Charging Station / Dresser Valet! This valet includes a slot to insert your phone charging cable so your phone can be charged as it sits in the phone cradle section of the valet.
diy cell phone charging station dresser valet
Here are the abbreviated instructions for how I built this charging station/ dresser valet, for full instructions and printable plans, please visit my blog at the link at the bottom of this post.

First I cut the 1x12 board for the bottom of the charging station.

Next, I cut the 1x2 boards with mitered ends to create the sides of the charging station. I then attached the 1x2 boards to the 1x12.
I then used the miter saw to cut and miter the cove moulding pieces. I attached those to the top of the 1x2 boards.
Next I cut the boards to build the "phone cradle".
I drilled a large hole into the 1x4 board used as the phone cradle. I also drilled a hole in the center back of the charging station (for the cell phone charging cord).
Next, I attached the boards to create the "cell phone cradle" to the back center section of the 1x12 bottom board.

Using the miter saw, I cut the lattice moulding boards and attached those to form the four compartments making up the valet.
I filled all holes with wood filler, sanded, and then stained the dresser valet. I also applied interior polyurethane in a gloss finish.

I then added adhesive black felt to the bottom of each compartment, and added self-stick round felt pads to the very bottom of the valet.
I placed the phone charging station/dresser valet in its intended location and began charging my phone! :-)

Pinspired to DIY