The Seasoned Homemaker
The Seasoned Homemaker
  • Austin, TX

How to Landscape in 8 Simple Steps

Landscaping is a simple art form. All it takes is understanding a few things and you can take turn any yard into a paradise.
how to landscape in 8 simple steps, gardening, landscape
After creating several successful landscapes, I have come up with 8 tips to take your from novice to expert.
Set a realistic budget and thoroughly think through how you will use the landscape.
If you've never done a landscape before, start small, make a few inexpensive mistakes, and then move on to something larger. One of the biggest mistakes newbies make is thinking they can do a landscape like they've seen on TV. Be realistic, those people have huge crews working non-stop to create their landscape. You probably have 10 hours on a weekend. Start small. Start small. Start small.
To read the rest of my tips, visit my blog and please pin the first image.
The Seasoned Homemaker

• Christina Dorrego

I plan to landscape our front weed patch. I want to make a "dry creek" that runs from the street right corner to the left house corner that will spill into a long path of rocks for the flood water that I get when it rains more than3 days straight. I want drought tolerant grasses in various colors, with succulents and some bulbs in a corner that will come up annually in height order, thru-out the season, with greenery in the off season. I appreciate the tips you have put here, thanks!

• Valerie

What a brilliant post! I am so pleased I found it!