Colleen Jorgensen
Colleen Jorgensen
  • Placerville, CA

My Craft Room Tour

I've waited a long time to have an entire room to devote to my art and crafts. Now that I have one, I've tried to maximize every square inch for storage and organization.Honestly, there is not a day that goes by that I don't walk in here and smile. I'm still working on the cuteness factor, but I'm so happy to have such a fun, and functional, workspace.
my craft room tour, cleaning tips, craft rooms, storage ideas
My worktable is 30" x 80" and is simply an old door laid across two bookcases, edged in polka dot Duck Tape. Total cost - under $50!
I just recently painted this old desk with Chalk Paint that my father made nearly 60 years ago.
A few coats of spray paint updated an old filing cabinet to match the rest of the room.
Floor to ceiling cabinets. Need I say more? A crafter's dream.
A plastic cart I picked up at the thrift store for $8 provides even more storage and sits conveniently under the worktable.
I use paintbrushes, pens and pencils every.single.day. Keeping them in little tubs makes it easy to cart them around the room for any project I'm working on at the time.
A little scrapbook paper and Mod Podge transforms old boxes and plastic tubs since they sit out on the bookcase. (Yes, I have LOTS of pens!)
An old roller shade works perfectly for a photography studio. The old dresser underneath provides even more storage and is just waiting for a few coats of Chalk Paint too!
Colleen Jorgensen

• Annie Doherty

You now have a wonderful reason to start again, and I bet the people who now live in your old home loved your craft room too. Happy crafting/sewing and lots of happiness in your new home.

• 62q10370829

one question. how many paint jars did you get in the baskets that you used, i used plastic shoe boxes. i like the ones you have better, they are better looking