Plain Shower Curtain to Decorative Shower Curtain

$10

I decided that I want to add some character to our guest bathroom. One of the simpler projects I took on was adding a little color to our plain, tan shower curtain.

I grabbed two paint colors from a local craft store, sponges, latex gloves, and scissors.

(Also pictured, but totally optional: a tasty beer. I was on vacation, so it was a good option for me.)

I wanted to do a chevron type pattern, so I measured and cut pieces from a sponge to get that angled look.

I placed tape across the shower curtain in a straight line so I had a guide to follow. Then I dipped the sponge pieces in paint and started making prints along the bottom of the curtain. Because it was a sponge, it left a grainy look which I like, but I did do two coats to darken the color.

Our bathroom colors are blue, brown, and tan, so I added a few lines of brown and one line of blue.

This wasn't an elaborate project, but I really like how it adds a bit of character to an otherwise very plain shower curtain.

• Judith

I like this a lot, I'm interested in trying this. May I get all the details?

• Iree

This was nice I think I’m gonna do this one in my kids bathroom.

• Tina

how did you keep the chevrons so beautifully lined up?

• Deirdre

She added tape as a guide. "I placed tape across the shower curtain in a straight line so I had a guide to follow." x

• Lin32903815

Love the idea, I'm gonna try something like that just a different pattern 😉

• Lisa West

Very nice. Such a simple pattern to brighten up any space. Thank you for sharing. Looks great.