Shoppe No. 5
Shoppe No. 5
  • Bradenton, FL

A Little Table Gets Updated With Paint

$15
1 Week

I volunteer at Habitat for Humanity so when I went to a meeting I got there early enough to do a walkthrough. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular. Then I spied a table. It was a little table that needed an update. Now you see the before and those ducks had to go. They had their day but no more.
a little table gets updated with paint
I had been working on a Valentine’s Day project and had some paint leftover.  The colors I decided to use is a soft pink and light cream in Old Fashioned Milk Paint. The pink was made by mixing Barn Red into the Light Cream for the desired color.
a little table gets updated with paint
The table needed a little repair work on the top.   Using wood glue, I glued down the piece the leg screws into and then put in a shorter screw.  A little wood filler on the top and sanding and it is as good as new. I wiped down the table with the solution of white cleaning vinegar and water.  And then deglosser.
a little table gets updated with paint
I wanted the table leg to have the chippy look.   Although I did add some extra bond so the paint would bond.  The first color is pink.  Then I painted the final color of light cream.  I like the neutral look of the cream.
a little table gets updated with paint
The table top was sanded lightly.  More extra bond was added because there is no way I wanted the top to chip.  I even went back over the table leg in spots because it chipped a little more than I wanted it too. To smooth out the table top, I used 0000 steel wool and fine sandpaper. The final step was a coat of clear wax.
a little table gets updated with paint
The ducks that had seen better days were covered up.  This little table got an update and will be handy to have since it can be easily moved all over the house.
a little table gets updated with paint

Shoppe No. 5

• M Brown

When you say Add Bond ? Someting you added to the paint?
    • Shoppe No. 5

It is a product called Extra Bond to add to the milk paint so it doesn't chip as much or at all. If you look at the web site under supplies and materials you can click on the link to learn more. Thanks for stopping.
  • M Brown

What is the bond you added? To the paint?