Garden House

$0

Pallets are wonderful! They seem to be everywhere and their soft wood makes them easy to cut and work with. I made a insect house for a quick project to add a little little whimsy to the garden.

My friend has a hookup with heat treated wood, so I snatched some up. I found the easiest way to break them down is just to use a jigsaw to cut the skinny boards off.

The width makes them perfect for skinny tall houses like this one...

I like to offset the floor a bit higher than the bottom of the sides to make opening the houses for cleaning easier.

I drilled in a LOT of holes and used a jigsaw to cut between the holes to make slats.

Here's the completed bug house! I designed it for predatory insects to stick around and attack any of my garden pests.

As I mentioned, it opens for easy cleaning between seasons. As this is only holding bugs and not birds, I didn't even bother with a bottom nail to keep it closed.

25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas

1 comment