Dustin Lazenby
Dustin Lazenby
  • Atlanta, GA

Patio Table Makeover

I love working on any little project that will enhance the look of the front porch. This metal side table was found at a yard sale for $2 and the bag of glass tiles was found at a thrift store for $3. My vision for this table became very clear pretty quickly.
patio table makeover, outdoor furniture, painted furniture
Before.
I began by painting the table with an outdoor quality spray paint in white.
Next, I began gluing the tiles down using Elmer's glue and allowed everything to dry.
The last step was to cover the tile with tile grout in an earthy color to bring out the colors. You just wipe away the excess and allow to harden for up to 24 hours. When dry, give it a good cleaning with a wet cloth and you're done!
Here is the before and after of the project. What do you think?

• Mary Collins Dolan

It's gorgeous but with plain glue is it weatherproof? Also, how did you edge the tile around the outside?

• Guy21320340

Where can I find glass tiles if not in a thrift store? I live in Newfoundland Canada.

• Carol

You can even buy new ones at like a Home Depot or a place like it.

• Guy21320340

• C Crow

Many craft stores carry these and sometimes call them "sea-glass" even though they are glass smoothed in tumblers. I often see them in the candle aisles. If you can get to a Michael's craft store they carry "multi-colored sea glass rocks by Ashland." If worse comes to worse, you could set glass scraps (stained glass shops, auto glass shops) and tumble them yourself in a hobby tumbler.