Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Before & After Farmhouse Table

$75

I wanted to make this plain pine table into a farmhouse table. I had some new paint I wanted to try. Blackberry House Paint was kind enough to send me 8 products of theirs. I love trying new lines, but these products were intriguing to me. I have painted for years and even taught classes for years. They have a product called DIRT and this looked very unique. I bought this table to try this a farmhouse wood
before after farmhouse table
This is the table I started with
before after farmhouse table
The table over all was in good shape and already striped down. I just needed to sand down a little to get the marks off. After that I wiped it down with a damp cloth.
before after farmhouse table
I grabbed my chip brush and the 2 colors I was going to use Warm Milk by Blackberry House paint, and Gravel Road by Cotton Field Colors
before after farmhouse table
I began by using a chip brush and lightly brushing Gravel Road Chalk free paint by Cotton Field, then I used Warm Milk by Blackberry House to also dry brush vertical lines on the table top.
before after farmhouse table
Next I grab The Finish wax by Blackberry House and apply to small sections at a time.
before after farmhouse table
Now the exciting part. I get to try DIRT and while the wax is freshly applied, I dip my brush in the dark brown and apply to the table in the same vertical pattern (I would say it was like putting blush on) I think its such a cool product it was easy to control. I repeated this until the whole top was done.  
before after farmhouse table
You can see its a bit streaky
before after farmhouse table
I sanded it with a sanding sponge that was medium grit to help blend it.
before after farmhouse table
Next I applied a Gel stain By Miss Lillian called Worn Door over the whole top all in the same vertical direction.
before after farmhouse table
You can see how it looks like old wood
before after farmhouse table
I had to take it outside and stain the legs.  I used Special Walnut by Minwax for the legs and underneath. Real stains smells to much to do in the house. One reason I like Gel Stains is that they don't smell and I can use it in the house since its hot here in Arizona already in the high 90's
before after farmhouse table
Are you ready for the reveal? I just needed to seal with the sealer by Cotton Field I used Clear Coat Satin. Since its a table it will get lots of use. 
before after farmhouse table
Here it is done. What do think?
before after farmhouse table
From this pine table to Farmhouse chic. This cute little fold down side drop table top came out like old wood. This makes a cute addition to any small kitchen. Using the new products by Blackberry House and Cotton Field colors was easy and fun, I like this new Dirt its like using Blush on furniture! Now you have a step by step and all the products to do your own table! I'll post the link below where you can purchase all the great products. This table is also for sale now at Gilbert Marketplace Here in Gilbert Arizona. Ps we will ship :)  
before after farmhouse table
If you like the table and the tulip on top check my posts as I did that tutorial last week.

• Dawn

very nice!!!!! Great Job! I would love to do it when i see one to make it on my own that's fit into my home deco. Thanks for sharing your talent.

• Shelly L Nemeth

Thank you Dawn post a picture when you do!