You Need to See This Makeover of My Half Bathroom!!!!

$145
Advanced

Do you want to remodel your bathroom and not spend too much? Well, remodeling doesn’t always involve spending a lot of cash. You can impart great changes without making a big investment. I will show you the transformation of my half bath.
This is what it looked like:
I started by removing the mirror.
My original idea was to cover the mirror wall with this particular wood which had an interesting fiber pattern (the wood is called Parallel Strand Lumber) on it, but when I made the first cut, I noticed that the cross-cut fiber pattern of the wood was much more interesting than before. My plans changed instantly.

I then decided to just slice the wood so that I could install it on the wall as you would regular tile, thus showing the amazing fiber pattern. Finally, I decided to incorporate both textures in the design, one for the wall, the other to make a floating shelf.
I joined four 4”x4” which I cut to the desired length. This would become the floating shelf. Then I applied a coat of Rust-Oleum Polyurethane.
Then joined four regular 4”x4” to create the counter top. The top was the sanded to a very smooth texture (this step is very important so that when the glaze is applied, imperfections are not noticed).
At this point the top was painted black and left to dry. The next step was to apply the glaze. Rust-Oleum Parks Super Glaze
The next step was finding the sink bowl, which proved to be a little difficult as the top and area were fairly small. This particular bowl was one of those pieces used for decorating which sit in a corner and end up collecting junk. In my case it was the “keys bowl”. I looked at it one day and though to myself that it would look really good as the sink bowl, and being that it is aluminum, it fit my purpose just right.

It was measured then drilled to accommodate the plumbing.
And after having everything else ready, it was time to install the “tile”. The center of the wall was measured and the installation began. It helped temporarily affixing a straight piece of wood under the first line of tiles, it gave it support and helped align the tiles.
Everything was installed and fitted. A nice mirror and some decorations, and this is the result! What do you think?

You need to see how nice the floating shelf looks. To see the complete picture of this half bathroom remodel click HERE . This will send you to the original post where you can see more pictures.

DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• TC

Since this was a decorative bowl originally, how did it hold up with use?

• Diane White Thomas

Is it just me? Where is the picture of the final project?

• Carol Cole

I love it, but where is the overflow. The wall is gorgeous.

• Karen

You cant have an overflow in a vessel like that, where would it overflow into? It would just be a hole that water would still pour out on the floor.

Understand??

• Cherie

This blew me away! It absolutely transcends the one before. If you aren't an interior designer, why not?

• Lola

I think you have a career here in remodeling. It's gorgeous. LOVE LOVE LOVE the metal sink bowl.