From Headboard to Yard Mural

$5

I'm an artist... I like paint, I like texture, patterns, light and color. If someone ever told me I had to live in a neutral world it would break my heart. I find inspiration in the tiniest of things. I appreciate creative people and all they have to offer whether it's my taste or not as an artist I know what it's like to feel what you are creating. It's amazing I tell you and for that I think anyone can appreciate all sorts of creative outlets. I found this very small headboard at the Goodwill for $5 and new that it was going to be my next canvas. I wanted to create an outdoor mural and I knew it was going to be inspired around Wyoming. So, I painted a field of Indian Paintbrushes which is Wyoming's state flower and a Western Meadowlark the state bird and I of course put Wyoming's slogan..." Forever West." What was once a bare space in our front yard now sits a beautiful reminder of a prideful state.
Before.. A $5 dollar headboard I found at the Goodwill.
I used my acrylic paints I had, a black paint pen for the black details and then I sprayed it with a protectant.
I put this in our front yard in a bare rock area. I'm eventually going to put a beautiful variety of yellow, orange, and red flowers in a pot to fill up the rest of the space.
A piece of Wyoming...I was inspired by old Wyoming stamps.

Kimberly Noelle

• Teri

Beautiful.

• DesertRose

I love the Forever West theme you borrowed from the old Wyoming sign! Meadowlarks are my favorite too! Great idea and great job!