How to Add a Tile Frame to a Bathroom Mirror

$50

Many bathrooms come with generic mirrors screwed into the wall. Since mirrors can be very expensive, sometimes it makes sense to just update the mirror that you have. Here is how I added a tile frame to an existing builder grade mirror.
how to add a tile frame to a bathroom mirror
Here are the supplies that I used. The most key thing is the adhesive and grout in one, which is available at any hardware store.
Cut the tile sheets into strips your desired size.
Apply grout/adhesive to the mirror.
Place the strips of tile on the adhesive. Apply more adhesive on the top of the tile to fill in any gaps.
Use a wet sponge to remove excess adhesive from your tile. Clean it off really well before it dries!

• Sponge
  • Adhesive + grout in one  (Lowes)
  • Sheets of tile
Morgan McBride

• Dia27560829

i really like this but have a question. How do you cover or what do you do with the clips that mount the mirror to the wall?

• Jenni Gray Snyder

You can also remove the bulky clips and use washers instead. My builder grade mirror wasn’t glued at all and I couldn’t manage the large mirror alone. One at a time, I unscrewed the clip, removed the bulky clip and used a metal washer in its place. Simply rescrew and done. No bulky clip and frame away.

• Irit Sirkes

What do you do with the clips??? They stick out!

• Joe Jones

Brenda who said a glue gun would hold? What I mentioned is a caulk gun that you put the adhesive tubes in to apply it to the wall.

• Pam1418628

What do you do about the metal strip they insert the mirror in before they glue it up there?