Pot Rack Re-do

$50

We've been in our new home for almost a year and in that time I've been unable to come to a decision regarding pan storage. We're short on cabinet space so storing them all in there was out of the question. We started with a lighted pot rack above the island but it felt too cumbersome and like it divided the room too much. It also hung too low causing the pots to block the tv while doing dishes. Then, we tried the half moon wall rack which looked nice but our stud placement wasn't favorable and it didn't have enough support....

I thought I'd try a bunk bed ladder as well but it just wasn't quite the look I wanted. Cute, but not for me.

I thought we could try some curtain rod hardware and a wooden rod that could be cut down to custom sized lengths. We went with the Allen & Roth brand at Lowe's because I liked the finish and that it had a wooden rod to match.

First, I cleared the area and patched the holes from our previous attempts.

My husband and I found as many studs as we could but did have to use a couple drywall anchors. If space would have allowed I would have rather they not butt right up to the curtains but we really wanted it to be sturdy and that's where the stud was. We also used some rubber washers on the ends to keep the rod from sliding.

Finally, I touched up the paint and hung our pots! I ordered the S hooks from Amazon and they work perfectly. I love how it turned out and I feel like it's a much better fit for our space. I love my baskets too but I may relocate them. As always, I'm undecided :) but my new pot rack I surely love!

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps

• Novaline Tanksley

I like the idea. I actually use a tension shower curtain rod to hang my pots and pans across the window connecting the dining room and kitchen. My question is, why did you hang the rods close enough to infringe on the curtain? It makes it look too crowded.

• Diana M Sowada

Where do you keep the lids for the pots and pans? I’m just curious. Could there be a way to keep them together?

• Ellie

You did an amazing job

thank you for post.

Happy Holidays.

• Marylou

I go through the samething , 2 many pans ! I dont have awindow frame what else could i use?

• Amanda Wittke

Hi Marylou,

as long as you are able to secure it into studs to support the weight of the pots, it does not have to be into a window frame. I would have rather our window be a bit further away from the rack but that's where the studs were.