No Saw Required Holiday Skis

$40

For all of you DIYers out there who are hesitant to make things because of the lack of tools, this project is for you! I assembled this project using nothing but a staple gun! You can also choose to just use a hammer and nails.

I love vintage wood skis and I saw some on sale at Pottery Barn for a low price of only $399.00 dollars (https://www.potterybarn.com/products/found-wooden-skis/?pkey=e%7Cwooden%2Bskis%7C4%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C48%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH) Well, not sure about you, but that's way out of my budget! So I decided I make a set myself for the holidays. Lets get started

no saw required holiday skis

First I started by making a bow using burlap ribbon and buffalo check ribbon.

Grab your burlap and make loops back and forth and then grab some twine or wire and wrap it around the center as tight as you can. Repeat with the checked ribbon (only a bit smaller) and then put it on top of the burlap one, using some twine to tie it together.

no saw required holiday skis

Next, we'll make our ski poles. You'll need some wooden dowels 3/4" x 48"

no saw required holiday skis

I used electrical tape and wrapped on one end round and round for about 4" down. This will look like the handle grips!

no saw required holiday skis

Line up the other pole and do the same.

no saw required holiday skis

I found these closet pole pockets and drilled the pole a bit large then it came 3/4" to fit the dowel.

no saw required holiday skis

Once the hole is drilled, slide the closet pole pocket on and add a drop of hot glue and on the bottom a piece of the electrical tape to make sure it doesn't fall off.

no saw required holiday skis

I didn't use a saw for this project, so I picked up two fence boards (72" x 3") and used the dog eared edge as the ski top. (If you have a saw you can choose to cute more of a point )

I kept the wood a natural cedar color for that vintage look. I then crossed them and stapled together with my stapler if you don't have one, just use a hammer and nails!

no saw required holiday skis

Then lay the pole we made on top the boards with the hand grip up.

no saw required holiday skis

Then add some hot glue and secure it with twine.

no saw required holiday skis

I purchased a dollar store Holly and just stapled it to the skis.

no saw required holiday skis

Then I added the bow I made.

no saw required holiday skis

And you can see how nice it looks with the ribbon!

no saw required holiday skis

Here they are all ready for display! Happy holidays!

no saw required holiday skis

These wood skis are super easy and you don't need a saw or electrical tools to do this Christmas decoration!

• Dottie Blauser

So making these in a smaller version...soo cute!!! My question though is for that large white ornament hanging in one of your photos...is that made from a spindle?....I really like that and would love to try and make one..😮😍🥰

• Shelly L Nemeth

You know I love it also but I bought at a craft boutique for $19 a steal and it’s metal 😂 but you guys all have great ideas on how to duplicate it but wood that large would be super heavy

• Lisa West
    5 hours ago

That is so cute. When the holiday is over. You can just switch out to a different ribbon on the burlap for a winter scene and pine branches or what ever flower you want to put there. Also with saint Patty's day and valentines you can switch up as well. So cute. Thank you for sharing.

• Shelly L Nemeth
    3 hours ago

Yep use all winter