Dried Orange and Cranberry Christmas Garland - Budget Friendly

$8

There are so many fun and budget friendly Christmas decor ideas out there! It seems like in a season that already tends to be financially stressful for a lot of people, there is no reason to spend a bunch of money on decorations. I've documented in detail three all natural, budget friendly, and just plain beautiful garlands I made this year. Be sure to check out my blog, My Happy Simple Living for full detailed instructions.

Below, see my all-time favorite, dried orange and cranberry garland.

This aromatic and naturally beautiful garland is so easy and inexpensive to make.

Grab a bag of oranges and cranberries from your local grocery store. Slice the oranges into thin slices, less than 1/4 inch thick.

Lay orange slices out onto baking sheets and bake at 200 degrees. Bake until dry, flipping slices every 30 minutes. You wont want your slices to be "crunchy" dry, but more of a "leathery" dry.

Make sure to flip the slices, or they will brown on the pan side.

Use a needle and thread to string your orange slices and cranberries in whatever pattern pleases you. To keep everything on the string, I tied my thread around the rind of my first and last orange slice.

Hang your orange garland on your tree or draped around furniture or windows for a fun, festive look.

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Heather Cammack

• MIck
    MIck

String as is for the birds! No drying necessary. Would placing the slices on wire racks on the baking sheets lessen the chance of browning on one side? With a convection oven, this might go faster, too...

• Queenbee
      Queenbee

If u did that for the birds would u just slice and thread them and hang it or would u dry the fruit a little first? I didn't see if she dried the cranberries also?

• Kelly Denoyer Russell
    Kelly Denoyer Russell

Can you use them every year? I want to just make one with cranberries or do they shrivel up and get nasty?