Judy Tosh
Judy Tosh
  • Manhattan, KS

Quick and Easy Hanging Recipe Holder

$10

Repurpose a fan blade into a simply easy and quick recipe holder.

quick and easy hanging recipe holder

Items needed:

1 - Clean/degreased 19 inch long fan blade (widest width - 6 inches)

1 - Wooden clothespin or small metal bulldog clip

1 small command hook that holds 1 pound weight

Jute or Twine for hanging

1 1/4 inch Laser Cut Letters Typewriter Font from Hobby Lobby (optional)

2 - beads for decoration (optional)

quick and easy hanging recipe holder

Decide on where you want the clothespin to be and glue it on. Mine in the picture is 12 inches from the bottom of the blade to the top of the clothespin.

Arrange the letters in a saying of your choosing that will fit on the fan blade and glue them down. I used pink star shaped acrylic beads to cover the holes since my letters didn't cover the holes.

Make a short hanger using jute/twine or even ribbon, but don't tighten the knot yet.

quick and easy hanging recipe holder

Attach a command hook that holds 1 pound to the top of your cabinet door. Let it sit for an hour before you hang your fan blade. Adjust your hanger to make sure the fan blade hangs where you want it too. Since my recipe holder is hanging on a cabinet door that is opened a lot, I added a small clear hook at the bottom to keep it from flying around.

quick and easy hanging recipe holder

All Done!! Now you are ready to cook or bake

To see more: //www.facebook.com/handcreateddesigns

• Wenda Like

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!!

• Bert Miller

I use a clothes hanger hooked over the cabinet knob. I fasten the recipe onto the hanger with a clothes pin.

• Judy Tosh

That works too! Anything that keeps the recipes from getting ruined.