Updating Your Old Bathroom Light Fixture to Industrial Light Fixture

$4

Second house remodel! We definitely did throw away a lot of stuff... but there were things that my husband wanted to throw that I thought maybe just needed a little touch of love and paint. So this light became one of my mini projects!

updating your old bathroom light fixture to industrial light fixture

This was the old light fixture in the guest bathroom of our second home. It really screamed.. I am dirty, old, and came from the 1990's.

I decided to remove the glass covers -- and cleaned it up a little. Then I took a sandpaper and sanded on all the metal parts.

Took some rust-oleum black spray paint ($4 I think in Home Depot) and sprayed the light fixture.

Looking much better already! Then after it dries just hang it back up.

And at the end I added 3 edison light bulbs to the fixture.

It looks brand new and now gives a very industrial vibe!

And here's the end result :) I couldn't be more pleased and I saved some money by not purchasing another light fixture. I hope this project is inspiring for you and give something like this a try.

1 comment
  • Wendy

You most definitely gave it another chance- it looks modern, industrial, and it just works!