DIY Note Pads and Pen Holder

See how I transformed some leftover paper into some cute custom note pads, plus a pen holder from an empty can and washi tape- plus a tutorial on how to make padding compound!
Finding myself with lots of scrap paper on hand led me to the idea of actually making my own memo pads. You know, the kind that have that adhesive stuff at the top edge, keeping all the pages bound together in a stack so you could just tear off a sheet as needed?
I did some research and found a recipe for making your own padding compound. It's pretty easy, and I already had some of the ingredients needed to make it! Make sure to click over to the post for the tutorial.
Then I added some washi tape to the 'spines' of my DIY memo pads to dress them up a bit.
And, why stop there? I am loving this combo of designs, so I decided to make a pen holder out of... wait for it... a veggie can! Just like we did as kids, but maybe a little fancier.
Now I've got a cute little desk set! Just imagine how this could be customized to go with the decor in a teen's room, or a dorm room for a collegiate.
Read more on the website, and get the recipe and tutorial for the padding compound. See you there!

Sondra Lyn at Home