Brick Seating Area

$0

Needed to create a seating area and I had some bricks that I wanted to use. the area was unleveled and consisted on dirt, lava rock, and some brick that had been buried in dirt.

I started by gathering bricks and sand. I loaded the bricks I a trailer and parked them near the worksite.

I placed sand in the area I was going to place the bricks and used a rake to level as best I could.

I started working the bricks into place. I changed direction of brick after each layer. I did my best to keep them level as I went and used a garden spade to add or remove sand.

I continued adding bricks and filled in the desired area. I tamped the bricks tightly as I went by hitting the sides with another solid brick.

I added a small step up to the seating area.

I added a metal rocker with cushions. Then added some plants. I am happy with how it turned out. I now have a comfortable area to sit and watch the Koi play.

• Bricks  (Back yard)
  • Sand  (Back yard)
  • Garden spade  (Shed)

• Wendy Anslem Maxwell

And this was done with wall brick, and not solid brick. have any of the brick broken?

• Patty V. Y

I would venture to say no to the broken bricka, much force would have to happen to break them....

I have made walkways of solid brick like this mostly all redish in color, most solid mixed with a handfull of the ones with holes.

All but maybe 100 were free. I would say hundreds, and hundreds over my back yard alone. I answered ads in FaceBook Market Place Sales and I asked my husband for help going to get them. It looks wonderful, these pics dont do justice, I lined them with hosta on both sides, and has Never Broke Bricks.

• Lori

What did you fill the holes with in the middle of the bricks? The first picture shows bricks with holes and the following pictures show bricks without holes?

• EJ

He put the bricks on their side. No holes.

• Pam-ella

Why did you add the last unfinished row?

• Michael Scott

Had the firebrick and created a little step up. I did remove that row once I finally finished installing beds and adding mulch.

• Mary Coakley

A lovely serene place.enjoy

• Enolac

I did one similar. I would have blended the white in with the red and made the last row even. You will need to get a rubber hammer and fill in with sand, tap to get even (it will start separating in time) I am sure your wife enjoys this.