15 Minute Thrift Find Hanging Planter

$10

As a repurpose junkie, I'm always looking for new ways to use thrift finds.

But when I found a pretty metal wall planter, I decided nothing could be better than using it as it was intended. 15 minutes later I had a row of bright flowers hanging on my garden wall!

This is what $2.99 got me at my favorite thrift store.

I'm always game for a pretty metal find, and the scrollwork matched my creative style perfectly.

Check out The Creative Design Template if you need help finding your creative style for thrift finds.

For the "pots" I decided to revisit an idea I had used with a similar thrift find - that I did repurpose: empty food cans.

These smaller cans, however, had those pull-tab tops - which are great for opening, but leave dangerous sharp edges. My solutions: a smooth edge can opener.

It cuts the entire top from the can so you're left with a smooth, safe opening!

Next, I shot the cans with a single coat of spray paint - just enough to cover the brash silver surface so they would blend in with the color of the planter better.

The single coat dried in about 10 minutes in the summer sun, then I drilled a few holes in the bottom of each can.

Some pretty vincas later...and I had a bright splash of color on my garden wall.

Sometimes a simple upcycle really can be better than a repurpose project - and this was one of those times.

Happy Thrifting,

Karen

16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Memorial Day Crafts
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
To Work With My Hands

• Lois

Great thrift store find! Fun project and it looks so pretty!

• Maude LaFountain

That turned out awesome! I love using cans for projects ! I cut my kids off that way and save the lids for another project as soon as I find one to us the lids on .....lol ! Anyway your project is awesome I love it ! Thanks for sharing !!

• To Work With My Hands

Thank you, Maude! That's a good idea to save the lids too..I've seen them repurposed into cute little garden markers.