Custom Door - Craft Room Makeover - Extreme Upcycling

$25

Hi There,

This is the third project in my Extreme Upcycling-Craft Room Makeover Series. I am working on several upcycled projects to get my craft room more organized and to make it look better.

Today's project starts with a cheap panel door, some paint and some empty tin cans.

The first step was to paint the door. I started with a coat of primer paint and then added a top coat of gray.

Next, I took a bunch of tin cans, tin can lids, and literally a couple of thousand silver thumbtacks and put a rusted finish on them.

Once the cans were rusted I cut them into 2x2 squares using a cardboard template and some tin snips.

I laid out my design and determined how many metal squares I would need.

Then I marked the door and started applying the squares using the thumbtacks to hold them in place.

Once all the squares were in place with a couple of tacks I finished off all the sharp edges by covering them with more thumbtacks.

The final step was to add a coat of minwax polycrylic.

You can find all the details in the attached video.

For a complete list of materials and supplies please visit

http://www.upcycledesignlab.com/craft-room-makeover-extreme-upcycling-custom-door-facelift/

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please subscribe at www.UpcycleDesignLab.com.

Happy Upcycling,

Cindy

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab