Step by Step Drop Cloth Curtain Tutorial

$55

I believe we all want to make our homes beautiful and it can become very stressful at the cost of how expensive home decor can cost.

I’m here to show you a cheap , no sew curtain that’s gorgeous!!!!!

No sewing, no hassle. I love these so much and I will probably use them in our home forever. If you’ve never tried drop cloth curtains, I’d definitely suggest giving them a go. You just can’t go wrong at $11 for two curtain panels! Since they are canvas I actually think they’re a bit heavier than your typical curtain. They’re certainly not black-out curtains, but they still do a great job when it comes to keeping light out. They are AWESOME. I hope this step by step drop cloth curtain tutorial was helpful.

Materials

1. 9x6 drop cloth (Amazon or Home Depot
  2. Curtain Ring with Clips (Amazon)

How To:

1. lay drop cloth
  2. cut down center of fabric and pull down the seem to divide in half

Cut down middle where seam is and pull

Soak in water and bleach for eight hours...

1. Iron if desired ( I sprayed mine with febreeze and in 3 days they where wrinkle free)
  2. add four clips on to curtain (have the cut seam go toward wall and clean cut toward window) and hang

Straight Curtain Style

White Curtain Look

1. fill washer or tub with hot water (large load) add 1/2 gallon of bleach
  2. let cloth sit in mix for 8 hours
  3. run wash after 8 hours
  4. delicate dry or air dry

folded over curtain style

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage

• Lisa

I’m wondering if the drop cloth can be dyed for a different color?

• BonBon

I have 90” from my ceiling to floor. Are drop cloths long enough to accommodate? Thank you.

• Ticia

I've always loved the idea of doing this but wondered would they be thick enough to be sun blocking; summers in the south are brutal and we get a lot of sun.

• Sharon

Yes they do block out the sun. I have them hung on a bronze tone rod at my kitchen and family room French doors. I also added a 4 inch cotton fringe on the bottom. I think you will be pleased.

• Bethany Allen

Just covered a headboard in canvas drop cloth and painted it. It dawned on me yesterday that I should make the curtains from this drop cloth as well! I’m going to paint them to match and I bet that will help with sun coming in tremendously.

• Susan Carson

What a fabulous idea! I've been looking for ages for just the right fabric for our sun porch that wasn't going to break the bank. You've just answered prayers for the rods and curtains! Thank you!!