Fun for Fall Faux Caramel Apples

$20

This is a cute and fun early fall craft!

After a long hot summer, it is time to look forward to the crisp air of fall and apple everything! I wanted to make a these cute faux caramel apples to spruce up my fall table.

Materials

I started by lining the table first with old newspaper and then wax paper. I used wax paper so that the apples would peel off after they were dry. I got a bag of six apples from Hobby Lobby, Mod Podge (Gloss), Craft Paint in a color close to caramel, Mine was Honey Brown by DecoArt, and sticks I picked up in the yard, and a screw driver.

I first used a screw driver to make a small hole in the top of the apple where I wanted the stick to go. I then pushed the stick in and made sure it was secure.

Next, I poured 2 bottles of the paint ( 4 oz total) in with about 1/4 the jar of Mod Podge (about 4 oz) and mixed thoroughly.

If it gets too runny, add more paint!

I then took my apples and swirled them in the paint just like I would an apple in caramel.

I then places them on the wax paper to dry. Drying time is about 2 full days! The puddle on the bottom takes the longest.

Half way through the second day, I peeled the apples up and laid them on their side to help the bottoms dry.

I used gift tags and a sharpie I had to embellish them a bit.

You could also use ribbon if you prefer or leave them plain!

I really love the way they turned out! So fun for a fall tablescape!

• Joy martin

These are so cute! Also looks Delish 😍

I just made some.. I put the sprinkles on some, & some with dripping chocolate 🤤 Love your sticks with these. TFS 🧡🌾🍂🎃

• Jennifer

Thank you so much! I love the idea of adding sprinkles and chocolate drizzle! SO fun!

• Cutthroat Charity

I saw this earlier in the day when pet sitting for a friend who uses corn cob bedding/litter for her cats & hamsters. While changing the bedding, I was struck by how much it resembled the chopped nuts I love on my real caramel apples. When I tried making these fake apples, I did half as shown, & sprinkled some fresh corn cob bedding on the other half while still freshly wet-it looks so realistic! Just make sure you can see what the bedding looks like before you buy it-I bought 1 kind of bedding (cheaper) that ended up looking like sawdust before going back & buying the same brand my friend uses (Chipsi).