Garden Hose Holder

$30

This summer we have been working on some updates to get our home ready to sell such as, a bedroom makeover, bathroom remodel, updating landscaping and building trellises with lanterns. As I stood back to admire the new bushes on the back side of the house I noticed how unsightly the garden hoses were. Something needed to be done to organize and store our garden hoses, but it had to coordinate with the overall atheistic of the new landscaping. Since this month's DIY Project Challenge was to create something using wood my garden hose holder and storage post with hooks and solar light fit the criteria, hence I designed a garden hose holder and a little deck for the watering station. You can see the before photo below.

garden hose holder

This was an eyesore and a muddy mess.

garden hose holder

Supplies

• 4 hooks
  • 4 by 4 by 48" long pressure treated (post)
  • Solar post cap
  • Gorilla Epoxy
  • Quikrete

Note: I chose to use 2 hooks on either side of the post that coordinated with hooks I used on my trellis for hanging plants. See the inspiration hooks holding the hanging planters.

Tools

• Shovel
  • Saw (I used a chop saw)
  • Cordless drill
  • Level
  • Tape measure

garden hose holder

Planning the garden hose post with hooks

I began by gathering my tools and supplies. Next, I determined the height of the post, the distance from the house and the water spigot. I made a chalk mark on the brick to mark the place and then I measured out from my mark on the brick to find the perfect location to start digging a one foot deep hole.

garden hose holder

Installing garden hose post

Once the hole was ready I placed the post in the hole and poured dry Quikrete in and filled around the post. I used a level to make sure the post was straight. At this point I gently added a quart of water and let it soak into the dry Quikrete. This is my secret Quikrete method that is so easy with no cleanup! Let the Quikeret setup for a 4 hours.

Learn more tips and tricks and be inspired by joining our newsletter.

garden hose holder

To determine the hook placement I held 2 hooks up to the post and marked where I wanted to install them. I decided they would work best on either side of the post instead of front and back. The hooks are installed upside down for this project.

garden hose holder

Solar Post Cap

Next I added the post cap with a solar light. I choose Gorilla Epoxy to attach the cap.

garden hose holder

I am so pleased with how this post turned out I am going to install another one on the other side of the house too.

garden hose holder

Finished garden hose post with hooks and solar light post cap.

garden hose holder

The placement of the hooks is perfect for my sprinkler too.

garden hose holder

Solar light at night looks great!

garden hose holder

We also built this floating platform deck and wow it adds a finished look and is the perfect place to grab your hose and sprinkler at the garden spigot. It makes me think of my Father's saying High and Dry and that's just what this provides.

garden hose holder

The floating platform deck was another great addition to the garden see how easy it was to build.

Thank you for stopping by,

Kippi

• 4 x 4 x 4 pressure treated  (https://fave.co/2YI2Dge)
  • Solar post cap  (https://fave.co/2Zym9Je)
  • Hooks  (https://fave.co/2ZvJLOX)

Kippi | Kippi At Home