Bi-fold Closet Door Makeover - With Paint and Wood Slats

$40

If you have plain, flat panel, hollow core bifold closet doors, you might be kind of bored of looking at them. Yawn! Here is the super simple (and inexpensive) method that I used to update the closet doors in my son's nursery for a more modern, expensive look. Click here to view more details and photos on my blog!

This is what our door looked like to start - booooring! You will need to do measuring:-height of door-width of each of the inner doorsFor a 4-door bi-fold door like mine you need to cut:-8 pieces the height of your door-24 pieces (6 per door) the width of each door MINUS 2x the width of your slats

Use a nail gun to attach the slats. Use a level as you go to be sure it's straight.

Caulk any seams.

Paint! We used our paint sprayer because we hadn't yet painted the room. You could also paint with a brush. If you are brushing, it might be easier to pre-paint the slats before putting them up, so you only have to do touch ups.

Ta-da! I absolutely love how this project turned out. Such an upgrade!

You can watch a full video tutorial on YouTube! Be sure to subscribe to our channel for more easy, inexpensive DIY ideas!

Morgan McBride

• Ruth

I think the door look great. We have a bedroom door that is rounded at the top and it is just a plain slab door, any suggestions what we could do with that to "modernize "it? There was no door at all leading into our bedroom and hubby build one out of plain slab, which is great but very boring looking.

Thank you

• Paul

Use a sheet of plywood. Put your door on it and trace the radius. Then cut a one inch radius to cover the top.

• Peggy Beck

Can this be done on louver doors as well?

• Diane Cornelius

I want to decorate the tops of my kitchen cabinets. Any Suggestions?