Bi-fold Closet Door Makeover - With Paint and Wood Slats

$40

If you have plain, flat panel, hollow core bifold closet doors, you might be kind of bored of looking at them. Yawn! Here is the super simple (and inexpensive) method that I used to update the closet doors in my son's nursery for a more modern, expensive look. Click here to view more details and photos on my blog!

This is what our door looked like to start - booooring! You will need to do measuring:-height of door-width of each of the inner doorsFor a 4-door bi-fold door like mine you need to cut:-8 pieces the height of your door-24 pieces (6 per door) the width of each door MINUS 2x the width of your slats

Use a nail gun to attach the slats. Use a level as you go to be sure it's straight.

Caulk any seams.

Paint! We used our paint sprayer because we hadn't yet painted the room. You could also paint with a brush. If you are brushing, it might be easier to pre-paint the slats before putting them up, so you only have to do touch ups.

Ta-da! I absolutely love how this project turned out. Such an upgrade!

You can watch a full video tutorial on YouTube! Be sure to subscribe to our channel for more easy, inexpensive DIY ideas!

Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Morgan McBride

• Peggy Beck

Can this be done on louver doors as well?

• Diane Cornelius

I want to decorate the tops of my kitchen cabinets. Any Suggestions?

• Alba

These turned out great. I have to assume these were wooden bi-fold doors, because he was able to use a nail gun. They look exactly like mine, except mine are made of metal, so nailing the strips would not work. I would have to use some kind of construction glue instead. Any particular kind you would recommend?