Asked on Feb 23, 2020

What can I do with this tabletop to match with the decor?

AnnieAgnes ChrzanowskaJeremy Hoffpauir
+24

1. Inexpensive tile or what?
  • Gk

Hello Beth! What is the top of your table made from? Would it be be possible to just paint the table top and leave the legs black so that the legs of the table and the chairs would still match?

• Jan Clark

Here's another way to help decide. Head to your dollar store and get either a light and darker blue plastic table cloth or some place mats. Use them for awhile to see what really makes the porch seem to meld. Then, go permanent with paint or tile on the top slats of the table.

• Laura Cooper

I would recommend pulling in the blue from the rug to the table. I think this will balance the decor

• Chloe Crabtree

I would not tile the tabletop. Just add a colorful tablecloth (preferably an all weather one) and add some colorful faux flowers. Add some greenery in those pots above the table!

• Pamela

Hi ! I would find a teal paint to match the pots and either dry brush the top of the table or even paint it solid .

• I would use a tablecloth or colorful placemats.

• Redcatcec

I woud match it to the color of the rocker seat and back.

• More potted plants, tablecloth, runner or placemats, chair cushions, rug, throw, lumbar pillows. Any or all can tie your pretty porch together. I decorate my porch seasonally and use all washable items so if they get dusty or dirty, a quick wash solves the problem.

• Dee

I would paint the top to match the rocker. As the rocker stands out because it is a much lighter color. Or replace the top with new wood slats and stain.

• Maura White

How about painting it the same color as the door?

• Vimarhonor

Hello I would consider making a frame for the table top and making a stained sealed wood slat cover to place over the existing table top. To mirror the rockers wonderful warm wood tones would nicely upstyle and unite your pieces —-if this idea suits your decor aesthetic.

Hi Beth: I think that the rocking chair is what's making this look wonky. How about painting that to match the rest of the furniture? Beautiful area, by the way.

• TNsteph

I second the idea of wood tiles or you could probably get some scrap wood and stain it even. I love the rocker, we've got to find a way to tie into that! 🙌

Table top looks good. Maybe a plastic tablecloth. The rocking chair is what looks out of place. Maybe paint that.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

You have lots of black on the porch so I think the only thing that doesn't match is the rocking chair. You could paint that black (spray paint would be fast and easy) and then just add accessories to tie everything together. You could add pillows, table cloth, large colorful candles, more planters...

• Lisa Peach Lehman

In my opinion, place a large doily in the center of the table and paint over it with the light blue paint. Use paint sparingly so it looks older. Do the same design in the backs of the chairs. The paint on the chair needs to be faint.

• Kathy Gunter Law

To me, the table matches but doesn't add anything. If you could do a bit of decor like a placemat or tablecloth that pulls the blue from the rug and red? from the door or put a plant on it (not sure if you want to take up the space), that would work. The wood in the rocking chair really stands out to me. You might try putting an all weather throw pillow in the rocker to tie it in.

• Lucky Home Today

Paint or stencil the top of it!

• Flipturn

The black table matches the chairs and the black metal wall objects, and is close to the dark blue in the rug.

I think it is the brown door that looks the most out of place.

How about painting it to match the dark blue in the rug?

• Christina Faye Repurposed

I think the table just needs a centerpiece. Pull the colors from the rug.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Mod podge paper napkins or wall paper to the top of the table would add lots of personality!

• Jeremy Hoffpauir

You could always paint it.

Hope this Helps! Jeremy - https://pahjodesigns.com

• Agnes Chrzanowska

I would leave the way it is because it matches finish of your chairs but will for sure add a nice bouquet of flowers or other arragments on the nice stone tray

• Annie

I like it as it is! But if you want to make a change, why not put some mosaic tile on top?

• Annie

Here's a Hometalk project with a mosaic tile table top. Just match the tile pieces with the colours you want for your porch. It could look very pretty

https://www.hometalk.com/43926514/how-to-transform-an-old-coffee-table-with-mosaic