Kitchen Container Storage and Organization

$0

I love an organized space, and kitchen storage can be a challenge. I wanted to share how I organize some of my cookware and storage containers in my kitchen, and my journey along the way. You can see more of my crazy creations here

After having breast cancer, I was told to eliminate as much plastic from my life as possible - and or make sure the plastic I'm using is approved. So I checked the labels on all of my plastic and looked for the right numbers and/or that it said BPA Free on it.

Anything that I didn't want that had "okay" numbers or was BPA Free on it I donated, and anything that wasn't okay I recycled. I didn't want to donate anything that wouldn't be okay for anyone else to use.

This is the bottom drawer in one of my cabinets. I have a lot of Pyrex glass wear and stacking is one of my big secrets. Under my big mixing bowls, I stacked the lids, then placed the bowls on top. The other containers I stacked the like sized bowls/containers, and I used a separated plastic container to keep all of the lids organized.

This is the top drawer in that same cabinet and I used a stacking system here as well. All of the lids that fit those stainless bowls are in order directly underneath them. My colanders/strainers are all stacked in the back. The few plastic containers (with the correct number and BPA Free) that I kept are all organized by stacking with appropriate lids in a large size plastic container to keep them together.

I have converted as much as I could to glass for storage. I love these Pyrex decorative containers that I got from Costco - they match my kitchen.

One thing I like about Pyrex lids is you can mix and match the lids to the same size. It isn't specific to each piece. Meaning some of my mixing bowl lids will fit some of those other bowl containers. This is really nice - grab and close. No worries about hunting for the right one.

For my Corningware (which I've had for over 20 years) I have a special system for stacking them.

I place the smaller size dish inside the larger dish.

I put the smaller lid upside down inside, on top of the small dish.

I put the larger lid right side up on top. It all fits and stacks nicely together.

This has been a huge space saver for me.

For my glass pans, I do the same stacking system.

Little pans in the big pans, and then stack them on top of their lids.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more.

*********************************************************

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Super ideas. I wish I had cabinets with drawers!

• Nellie

Laughing! My husband was certified builder from ground up. He loved cabinet jobs. We built a house after he retired. We had different ideas on my kitchen. I wanted lots of drawers. I won! 13 stacks of drawers. Love it! My kitchen looks like the design here. Stack and lots of glass. Corning ware and Tupperware. Glass jars for pasta, rice, beans ?? Pantry is only 12 inches deep with adjustable shelves. All upper cabinets have adjustable shelves. Island has drawers. Except under bar sink. Another kitchen, I want a pantry. Walk in with prep area and open shelves. Freezer and sink.

Great ideas on this website

• Elizabeth Roy

Holy cow, great minds think alike! I've replaced nasty plastic containers with glass and I'm a breast cancer survivor! I also set up a drawer the same way! 😁 Of course numerous bowls are in the fridge.