Children’s Diy Scene

$10

With the kids off of the school at the moment we have been focusing on crafting. So I wanted to share a little bit of work we shared today where we made an underwater scene to go exploring with our flashlight

All you’ll need is a piece of white paper, black paper/card and a piece of card and a plastic pocket or zip lock folder. Then a marker pen and some colouring in pens (markers/sharpies work best I’ve discovered)

Start by putting a white piece of paper into your plastic pocket. This will help you to see what you are drawing

Draw your chosen scene with black marker pen. We chose to do an under water scene but you could do anything like space or a sunken pirate ship or a treasure hunt etc

Then colour it in. Sharpies or markers work best as some of our pens didn’t show up very well on the pocket

Take your white piece of paper out and then put your black piece of paper/card inside. This now makes it dark so you can’t really see what you have drawn

Now draw your torch outline. Card is better than paper as it is stronger but paper would still work.

Colour it in with your chosen colours. I’ve left the beam of light uncoloured as it needs to stay bright (you’ll see why)

Cut around the torch leaving u with the handle and the beam of light

When it goes inside the plastic pocket it shows up everything you have drawn! Ready for your under the sea adventure!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Great fun for the kids and I really enjoyed it too! Kills time and is loads of fun! I had all of these materials in the house so it didn’t cost me anything. But it wouldn’t be expensive to do if you didn’t have the items