DIY Moss Garden Wall Art

$10

Each month I participate in a Dollar Store Divas challenge. This month we are featuring summer home decorating ideas.

I wanted to create a summer vignette for the bench that sits on my front porch. It’s such a fun space to decorate.

Supplies Needed

DIY Moss Garden Wall Art Supplies

• Reindeer Moss
  • River Rocks
  • Clay Pots
  • Cordless Glue Gun 
  • Wood Slice Board

Step 1.

The river rocks were added using a  hot glue gun. I wanted it to have a fairy garden feel, so I created a pathway with the rocks.

Step 2,

Continue adding the rocks along the entire board.

Step 3.

Next up, add the moss to cover the entire board. It’s easier to add glue to the board and put the moss on top. Otherwise, you’ll burn your fingers! 

Step 4.

My Dad had a pile of tree bark-not sure why, lol.

I thought about making some bark candle holders so I took a pile. They were the perfect natural accent to this moss garden. I just used hot glue to attach it.

Step 5.

It’s filling in nicely now! There were some lighter colored areas of moss in the package, so I used that along the top of the bark to look like a tree. 

Step 6.

To finish it off, I added a couple of pieces of a clay pot that somehow broke in my bag. Don’t you hate when that happens? A faux succulent that I had in my craft stash was added to one of the pots.

This can be displayed on a covered porch, or inside as well. You can add a picture hanger to the back if you want to hang it. Enjoy!

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Our Crafty Mom