DIY Spray Painted Vases

$15
1 Day

Have some old outdated vases that don't fit your style anymore? Don't throw them out! All you need is a little spray paint! This project takes a couple of old vases and gives them new life. Let's get into this quick and easy project so you can create your own!

Here are my culprits. I have had these two metal vases for years and it's definitely time for a new look! You can use any old vase you have on hand.

I used this white Kilz chalk spray paint and a tan Rust-Oleum textured spray paint to give the vases a "dip-dye" effect. This textured spray paint is awesome because it has a stone look once it's dry. I got both of these at my local Walmart.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I started by painting the top section with the white chalk spray paint. Make sure it has adequate time to dry before applying each additional coat. Refer to the drying time directions on the can of spray paint. Mine needed several coats.

Next, I determined how far up I wanted the textured paint to go and made a few marks around the vase so I would know where to line up the tape.

I lined up the tape with the marks and taped around the entire base. Take an old plastic bag and cover the top white section and leaving the bottom section exposed. Pull the bag tight and secure with more tape.

This textured spray paint is really runny so hold the paint can far away while spraying. Gradually build up the texture until it is fully covered. It took me about two coats of this. Once everything has had plenty of time to dry, remove the tape.

How beautiful did these turn out? They are totally transformed through the power of spray paint!

For more DIY projects, click here and head to my blog.

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage

• Delanie

Do you need to seal them to keep them from scratching? This applies mainly to the chalk painted part, I suppose. Just wondering.....

Love them!

• Build It Thrifty

I didn’t but you definitely could to help seal them. This kind of chalk paint does seem pretty durable.