DIY Spray Painted Vases

$15
1 Day

Have some old outdated vases that don't fit your style anymore? Don't throw them out! All you need is a little spray paint! This project takes a couple of old vases and gives them new life. Let's get into this quick and easy project so you can create your own!

Here are my culprits. I have had these two metal vases for years and it's definitely time for a new look! You can use any old vase you have on hand.

I used this white Kilz chalk spray paint and a tan Rust-Oleum textured spray paint to give the vases a "dip-dye" effect. This textured spray paint is awesome because it has a stone look once it's dry. I got both of these at my local Walmart.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I started by painting the top section with the white chalk spray paint. Make sure it has adequate time to dry before applying each additional coat. Refer to the drying time directions on the can of spray paint. Mine needed several coats.

Next, I determined how far up I wanted the textured paint to go and made a few marks around the vase so I would know where to line up the tape.

I lined up the tape with the marks and taped around the entire base. Take an old plastic bag and cover the top white section and leaving the bottom section exposed. Pull the bag tight and secure with more tape.

This textured spray paint is really runny so hold the paint can far away while spraying. Gradually build up the texture until it is fully covered. It took me about two coats of this. Once everything has had plenty of time to dry, remove the tape.

How beautiful did these turn out? They are totally transformed through the power of spray paint!

For more DIY projects, click here and head to my blog.

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Delanie
    Delanie

Do you need to seal them to keep them from scratching? This applies mainly to the chalk painted part, I suppose. Just wondering.....

Love them!

• Build It Thrifty
      Build It Thrifty

I didn’t but you definitely could to help seal them. This kind of chalk paint does seem pretty durable.